Thu, Sep 15|
Webinar: Media Solidarity in a Global Era
This Webinar is organized by Media and Communication Educational and Research Center (MCERC) and made possible with the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia within the project “"Media Voice: More Freedom, Less Self-censorship". Language: English; Click RSVP for registration
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM GMT+4
About the event
Webinar: Media Solidarity in a Global era
September, 15, 2022 | 19.00 -20.30
Zoom Platform, Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/mcerc.ge
Moderator: prof. Mariam Gersamia, Chairwoman of MCERC;
- Dr. Anita Varma, author of the Solidarity Journalism Initiative; Professor in the School of Journalism and Media at UT Austin, USA. She is on the board of the Society of Professional Journalists (Northern California Chapter), the advisory board of The Objective, and the vice-chair of the Media Ethics Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC).
- Laxman Datt Pant, Co-chair of the Media Freedom Coalition consultative network, Chairperson of Media Action Nepal (MAN); invited professor at Tbilisi State University.
- Prof. Olena Shevchenko, Educational and Scientific Institute of International Relations at Taras Shevchenko University (Ukraine, Kyiv).
- Prof. Irine Kurdadze, Director of International Law Institute at Tbilisi State University, ean Monet Chair / UEUPE; Expert at MCERC and “Media Voice” project.
- Patrick Norén, Research Fellow at MCERC. Patrick Norén graduated from Leiden University in the Netherlands. He was engaged in solidarity journalism activities within the project “Media Voice” at MCERC; He is a Research Associate and Deputy Editor at LINKS Europe.
This Webinar is organized by Media and Communication Educational and Research Center (MCERC) and made possible with the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia within the project “"Media Voice: More Freedom, Less Self-censorship".