Thu, Sep 15|
Webinar: Media Solidarity in a Global Era
This Webinar is organized by Media and Communication Educational and Research Center (MCERC) and made possible with the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia within the project “"Media Voice: More Freedom, Less Self-censorship". Language: English
Time & Location
Sep 15, 2022, 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM GMT+4
About the event
Webinar: Media Solidarity in a Global era
September, 15, 2022 | 19.00 -20.30
Zoom Platform, Livestream on FB: https://www.facebook.com/mcerc.ge
Welcome remarks by Ambassador Ms. Maaike van Koldam or Deputy Head of Mission Ms Loes Lammerts. TBC
Moderator: prof. Mariam Gersamia, Chairwoman of MCERC;
- Dr. Anita Varma, author of the Solidarity Journalism Initiative; Professor in the School of Journalism and Media at UT Austin, USA. She is on the board of the Society of Professional Journalists (Northern California Chapter), the advisory board of The Objective, and the vice-chair of the Media Ethics Division of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC).
- Prof. Irine Kurdadze, Director of International Law Institute at Tbilisi State University, ean Monet Chair / UEUPE; Expert at MCERC and “Media Voice” project.
- Patrick Norén, Research Fellow at MCERC. Patrick Norén graduated from Leiden University in the Netherlands. He was engaged in solidarity journalism activities within the project “Media Voice” at MCERC; He wrote research essays on solidarity journalism during his stay in Tbilisi. He currently also works for LINKS Europe in the Netherlands.
- Prof. Olena Shevchenko, from Taras Shevchenko University (Ukraine, Kyiv). Together with prof. Mariam Gersamia she has created a teaching course for graduate program at TSU “solidarity journalism in a global era” in frame of the project "Solidarity Journalism for Peace and Security" under the series of "History Keepers", funded by the European Union within its Eastern partnership Civil Society Fellowship Programme.
- Laxman Datt Pant, Co-chair of the Media Freedom Coalition consultative network, Chairperson of Media Action Nepal (MAN); invited professor at Tbilisi State University.
This Webinaris organized by Media and Communication Educational and Research Center (MCERC) and made possible with the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia within the project “"Media Voice: More Freedom, Less Self-censorship".