Thu, Sep 08|
Media Solidarity Event
September 8 is the International Day of Journalists’ Solidarity! This Forum is organized by MMCERC and made possible with the support of the Embassy of the Netherlands in Georgia within the project “"Media Voice: More Freedom, Less Self-Censorship"
Time & Location
Sep 08, 2022, 11:00 AM – 2:00 PM GMT+4
T'bilisi, 13 Shota Rustaveli Ave, T'bilisi 0108, Georgia
About the event
11:00-11:30 – opening remarks
· Prof. Mariam Gersamia, Chairwoman of MCERC;
· Maaike Van Koldam, Ambassador of the Netherlands to Georgia;
· Prof. Irine Kurdadze, Director of International Law Institute (ILI/TSU)
11:30-12:30 – 1st session: Solidarity - for Supportive Media Environment: Freedom of Expression and Self-censorship in Media
Moderator: prof. Mariam Gersamia, chairwoman of MCERC;
· Tamar Aleksidze, International Law Institute
· Giorgi Targamadze, TV Formula, Author and presenter of the program “Droeba”.
· Natia Gogsadze, Journalist and presenter at TV “Mtavari arkhi”
· Nino Zautashvili, Author of the talk-show at Georgian Public Broadcaster;
12:30-12:45 – Q&A, discussion
12:45-13:45 – 2nd session: Why Solidarity Journalism?
· Maia Toradze, Associated professor and co-head of the undergraduate journalism program at TSU.
· Zura Vardiashvili, Editor-in-chief of the online platform “Publika”
· Davit Kashashvili, Journalist and presenter at TV “Formula”;
· Teona Tskhomelidze, Journalist, media expert
· Nino Arazashvili, Journalist and presenter at “TV Pirveli”
13:45-14:00 - Q&A, discussion